Dos and don'ts in Qatar during the FIFA world cup 2022
Every country will have its own practices, traditions, rules and regulations. People usually visiting a foreign country must abide by these in order to receive a nice experience. Qatar being the first Middle East country to host the FIFA world cup is all set to welcome the championship that is held from 21st November 2022 to 18th December 2022. Football World cup is an international game where people from all over the world come around to watch it. Therefore, people from different culture, tradition and religion from that of Qatar is going to visit the country. Here are some do’s and don’ts in Qatar explained for the people to get an idea of this country.
- Know about the country’s traditions, culture and religion. Always greet people when you first meet them
- Dress modestly to respect the country’s culture and religion.
- You can avail metro, bus or taxi services for transportation across the country
- Negotiating and bargaining is usually allowed in the market
- Explore the country during the evening and night to avoid the hot summers
- Make sure you have the currency of the country Qatari Rial for all kinds of money transformation
- Drive on the right side of the road in Qatar
- Do not look at people or their dresses for too long
- Do not litter in public places as it will cause you heavy fines.
- Do not disrespect the women.
- Do not shake hands with women, just greet them politely.
- Do not take photos of people without their permission
- Do not wear short clothes on public places. However, you can wear them in private places
- Do not consume too much alcohol as it will affect your behaviour
- Do not drink and drive
To know more about what you can actually do in the country, read Things to keep in mind for first time visitors to Qatar during World Cup